[vdr] Re: OT: DD-Receiver/Amplifier

Gregoire Favre schrieb:
Hello ;-)

I already have a 5.1 system, but unfortunately, it's not compatible with
the DVB-s, neither with my soundcard...
So maybe I could just buy a 5.1 amplifier?

Any suggestion?

I haven't tested with a DVB-S, but with soundcard or DXR3 the Logitech Z-680 works quite good. It consists of 4 satelites, a small center-speaker, a control pod and a relatively small subwoofer (don't use the factory-default settings for subwoofer, 10 minutes after switching on the neighbour in the flat above complained about the humming ;o)).

The sound certainly isn't as well as with a receiver and big boxes, but quite impressing for the small speakers. Even classic music sounded halfway well.

Pros:

- small, but good sound
- PCM, DTS, AC3, Dolby Prologic II and MPEG-audio decoding by hardware
- 6x analogue input, coax and toslink for SPDIF, additional analogue stereo input
- remote control

cons:

- display can't be read if distance is more than one meter
- not enough steps for controlling volume

Be careful to get a current version as prior ones have a fault in the control pod causing noise on the front/center-speakers.

350,- Euro at Mindfactory.

Rene