[vdr] vdr-xine-0.0.0 plugin

Hi,

I'm sorry for not keeping the time line I've mentionend in my announcement, but the past few weeks were really tough.

Meanwhile, my VDR hardware has arrived, but I still haven't upgraded my receiving equipment for digital TV (I'll do it in about four weeks), so I meanwhile use the plugin 'dvd' as data source for my device plugin.

On my old machine (which didn't have any sound hardware), my scratchy plugin and xine were performing well. But on my new hardware, I now realize problems with the sound. mplayer tells me, that there is too much audio data compared to the video, and aborts after a drift of about five seconds between audio and video.

Xine performs different in this case. It plays audio with almost no distortion and tries to keep audio and video in sync, but to reach this goal, it has to to pause the video from time to time.

For now I think, that this problem comes either from my xine plugin or from the dvd plugin. To prove this, I need a further source of input. I think about a short recording which was taken on an exisiting VDR machine that I can replay via my device plugin.

Can anybody supply me an URL, where I can download a 60 seconds recording taken from 'tagesschau' or 'heute'?

The recording should show the speaker, so that I can detect any drift between audio and video.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de