[vdr] Re: vdr-xine-0.0.0 plugin

Am Don, 2003-07-24 um 09.57 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Rene Bartsch wrote:

> > TS is the coming format because of digitalTV and
> > many player start to support it, but PES never came up to the living
> (I
> > hope Klaus will change recording format either to MPEG-TS or -PS).
>
> Don't hold your breath ;-)

Sure I won't -  I don't want to suffocate ... ;o)

> The way VDR stores its recordings now it is easily possible to record
> several audio tracks, which I guess wouldn't be possible without
> additional
> overhead if it recorded the raw TS directly.

Does TS contain much more headers than PES? How much would that
approximately be? My idea was just to remux the TS into a new TS with
the A/V-PIDs of only one tv/radio-channel.

I'm going for a centralized multimedia-server with VDR as core, and it's
quite frustrating there's no way to play/handle PES reliable on the
different OS. Nearly every player crashes after a while or looses
A/V-sync. But with TS or PS there is no problem.

Rene