[vdr] Re: spdif and DD receiver

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:02:01PM +0300, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> >On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 02:16:47PM +0200, Andreas Holzhammer wrote:
> >
> >>I want to avoid an optical link at all cost, having heard the difference
> >>between optical and coaxial connections. I know there should not be any,
> >>but there are, and optical does sound "cold".
> - klip--
> >    -> http://www.epanorama.net/documents/audio/spdif.html
> >    -> AES3 (IEC 60958, ISO 646)
> >
> >This is clearly a technical and cold definition, even for 75 Ohm coax ;^)
>

> This is in same category as not using loudspeaker cables with red
> insulation,
> because the red color in plastic affects the conductivity of copper :)

Yep ... nevertheless there is a difference between PVC and PU ... the
later one has much low dielectric constant which lead to a lower group
delay of a signal (the speed difference between low and high frequencies).
Beside after the crossover within the box you'll see(hear?) much more
group delay and phase shift.

       Werner