[vdr] streamdev plugin --> choppy playback

Hi,

now that streaming plugin works again, I have about question to hardware
requirements.

my setup:
  server: K6 2 200 (acutally 300), 1 DVB-s, 64 MB
  client: PIII 900
  network: switched 100 MBit

playback on the client using mplayer is very choppy.  guess it is like 5 fps.
a/v complete out of sync and so on.
I tried TS, PES, PS.  TS doesn't work at all. PES and PS are almost identical
in performance.
The bottleneck must be the server I think.

So what CPU power will I need to stream some channels via http (at least 1
channel to 1 client)?  max I can give is 350 Mhz K6 2.