[vdr] Re: Strange OSD-Message concerning CAM

Hi Klaus,

On Sunday 27 July 2003 10:54, you wrote:
> There should at least be a message in the log file that the
> "IRDETO" menu has been shown (unless you have changed the
> logging level).

Unfortunately not. I could observe the mentioned message
several times during the last hour. Without any additional
logging in messages and kernel AND without changing the
logging level.

> Anyway, as far as I can see this message comes when the EPG
> scan switches to a channel that is encrypted, but can't be
> decrypted by your SmartCard. The CAM then asks for
> inserting the correct SmartCard. Apparently this menu stays
> there forever and doesn't automatically go away after some
> time, so I guess I'll need to implement some timeout here.

This would be great. Will you release a patch?

> You should be able to avoid this by making sure that you
> only have such encrypted channels in your channels.conf
> that can actually be decrypted by your CAM/SmartCard.

I have checked my channels.conf by switching to each channel
and deleting those which are no longer supported. Without
success.

Any additional ideas?

Thanks for your efforts ;-)
CU Norbert