[vdr] Re: EPG scan does not start

Hi,
> Juri Haberland wrote:
>>> AFIK an EPG-scan will only be made with a card, that is "idle". So if
>>> you want an EPG-scan, you will have to put in another DVB-card or
>>> switch to every channel for a few seconds=scanning manually.
>>

>> According to VDR's manual that is wrong:
>>
>> EPG scan timeout = 5
>> 	The time (in hours) of user inactivity after which the
>> 	DVB card in a single card system starts scanning channels
>> 	to keep the EPG up-to-date.
>> 	A value of '0' completely turns off scanning on both single
>> 	and multiple card systems.
> Yes...I must be wrong. But I never had VDR running for longer than 2
> hours without a key-press...I just can't resist pressing all those nice
> buttons...
My vdr runs 24h a day. I did not try the epg scan for a long time, but I'm
sure that the epg scan worked for me with this card (I never had another
one), but I can't find the version (vdr or dvb) that worked for me.

Any hint where to look to solve this problem?

Andreas
--
Andreas Hölscher, D-52159 Roetgen, Germany
http://www.andreas-hoelscher.de