[vdr] Re: cpu load remains high when recording is finished

Hi,
>> when a recording starts the cpu load goes up to about 45%-55%. That's
>> ok,

> Well, I don't think it's ok. What CPU du you have? My EPIA M6000
> (forgot about the CPU name now) goes up to 15%, but it's a very slow
> CPU (600 MHz)
I have a PIII/870MHz and about 15% load without vdr running, about 20%
with vdr running and about 50% while recording. All this measured with
gkrellm.

>> but when the recording is finished the cpu load stays at this level
>> until I manually switch to another channel.
>>
>> Is this the expected behavior?

> Yes, it is. When recording, VDR enters a so called "transfer mode", and
> it does not leave it after the recording is finished. Transfer mode
> will be stopped if you switch channels.

> I don't like this behaviour, too, because it prevents the EPG scan from
> running (if you do a late night recording, transfer mode stays active
> the whole night and maybe the next day, no EPG scan is done, no EPG
> data available, VDRadmin's AutoTimers will not work).
I thought the epg scan would stop the transfer mode but as my epg scan
does not work (see other thread) I couldn't verify that.

Andreas

--
Andreas Hölscher, D-52159 Roetgen, Germany
http://www.andreas-hoelscher.de