[vdr] Re: GraphLCD-plugin Hardware problems

At Montag, 4. August 2003 00:31 Roland Praml wrote:
> I've tried several things:
> -LPT Mode:
>   + SPP: Nearly unwathcable (~ 100 "pixelerrors")
>   + EPP: Some pixelerrors from time to time
>   + Several timing settings (-50 .. 50)
>   + Added a 10µF Tantal on the LCD-display supply voltage (nothing
> changed) + Added two 74LS244 to regenerate data and control-signals
> (picture gets better, but there are sometimes dropouts. e.g. If I scroll
> through menu's
>     there are errors all ~10 seconds)
>
> [...]
>
> Is the cable length a problem or is it a common problem to have glitches
> from time to time on the LCD.

I've never had a single glitch/pixel error on my graphlcd (128x64 with
KS0108 driver). The only differences I can see is that I have a shorter
cable (~0.5m), although I doubt that's the cause, and that I'm using LPT in
plain standard mode (no EPP/SPP). My cable is plain, too, no supporting
parts besides two resistors that "emlulate" the poti (is that the right
term in english, too???) for contrast (which is totally unrelated to data
transfer).

Greetings,
Sascha