[vdr] Re: GraphLCD-plugin Hardware problems

> fyi:
>
> use a shielded cable (i use normally a standard "printer" cable db25/db25,
> 1:1 pinout, 1,8mtr) and make sure, that you connect the shield at the end
> where the lcd is connected to ground. that normaly fix all glitches and
> pixelerrors (i use several lcd's, 128x64, 122x32, two different 240x128).

I use a shielded printer cable, too but my problem is that I do not have
exclusive access to the printer port :-(
There is always some activity on some data lines (0,1,2,4 I think) even if
there is no process that accesses the port.

It seems that there are some strange BIOS functions accessing the port:

- If I boot from an MSDOS-bootdisk, I have full control over the parallel
port
  (but I can't access the filesystems there)

- If I boot from linux or knoppix rescue CD, I always have activity on some
  data lines, even if I disable the port in the BIOS. It seems that the
  activity has something to do with disk access. Or the port is defect.

BTW: I'm working on a driver for the SED1330/1335 LCD controller. If desired
I can post a very alpha patch.

Roland