[vdr] Re: @Reinhard Nissl: How do you want to connect Xine to VDR?

>> Hi Reinhard,
>>
>> have you already decided how to interface Xine to VDR?

RN> Well, I've been in discussion with a xine developer and he suggests me to use
RN> Well, I've been in discussion with a xine developer and he suggests me to use
RN> xine-lib directly for minized delays and memcpys.

I'm playing a little with xine -p dvb:// with my siemens full card.

It runs pretty well, but I found two problems:
1) it takes 3-4 seconds for switching channel, in the upper left corner writes
"buffering x%" with x increasing from 1 to 100 for 3 seconds and then
the new channel appears.
2) with some channel (f.e. sailing channel) the aspect is completely
wrong.
On the same machine vdr run smoothly and I can use xawtv to see it on
X without problems.

RN> For now, it really looks like I can spend more time on the plugin for the
RN> coming weeks.

Let me know if I can help you.

Ciao Uberto

mailto:uberto@ubiland.net