[vdr] Re: LIRC teach 1.2.2

Am Sonntag, 10. August 2003 14:07 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:
> st_barszus@gmx.de(Steffen Barszus)  10.08.03 12:03
>
> Once upon a time Steffen Barszus shaped the electrons to say...

> >He is using the Aldi Remote Control MD 4688 with
> >Code 773 on DVD (as many of us I guess)
>
> A! My denglish is not so bad as... at least one understood ;-)

Well I speak denglish too ;)

> >What he is saying with his own words, is that he searches a way to
> >programm the remote control (a programable 8in1) to use all keys with
> >vdr.
>
> That would be nice.
>
> >As I have understood its not a problem of vdr but of
> >LIRC/MD4688 combo.
>
> Yes
> But why do only i have the problem?

Its not only you. For some it may be good enough, some didn't came arround to
play enough with it to find a recent setup for it. (The latter is the case
for me)

> >@Rainer: What you want is to find a setup for your remote where all
> >keys are sending a different code.
>
> Yes. I thought that "code setting"  was it.

> >As I have understood you need to configure different devices for that.
>
> Is worth a try!
>
> >The remote has a feature called "Push-through".
> >That means to me that you have to configure TV and VCR
> >and maybe a third to get all buttons working.
>
> Currently "TV" and "DVD" setup.
> "my" "TV" and the "DVD" code suggested here.

You need a setup there the push trough is configured as you like it.

> >This is not a problem of vdr but of your setup.
>
> ... of the RC-setup!

Yep

> >vdr does not ignore the keys you mentioned,
> >they send in your setup all the same code.
>
> Yes, and if it sees a code that looks like "Down"
> i'm out of the menu but don't see why.

Yep right.

> >Try to start irw to see what keys are send by which button.
>
> I did that when the RC with a previous release of LIRC
> which was not able to differentiate.
> Maybe the new version one can.

I will try on Mandrake Cooker means lirc-0.6.6 anytime soon ...

> >@all: If someone has found a setup to use all keys I would be
> >interested too.
>
> When will it give the first RC with an explizit setting "VDR"? ;-)

If we find the right settings the Aldi remote can do that. It has all the
needed buttons for it.

Steffen