[vdr] Re: slow channel switching with 1.2.2

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  09.08.03 23:01

> >> No. Dseq is "off".
> >> I have to use the single-LNB patch (if that may matter:
> >> It simply blocks changening of polarization and lo/hi while
> >> recording.)
>
> >Please try without any patches or plugins (just for testing).
>
> Done
> "make REMOTE=LIRC"
>
> same result.
>
> Zapping thru my channels.conf:
> ZDF to ARD 4sec
> ARD to ZDF  1+ sec
> ZDF to 3sat 1+ sec
> 3sat to 1mux 4sec
> 1mux 1 festival <1sec
> 1extra 1s mdr 1s rbb br 1s rbb berlin 1s swr bw *4s* br3 *4s* n3
>
> Switch times below 1s would be OK.
>
> The "long delays" (7sec) seems to occure only one times after
> each start-
> Is there somewhere a "learing" algorithm?
>
> When i don't wait untill the image occurs it happens (omce)
> that VDR hangs totally. But that is not reproducible.

I'm afriad I can't see any pattern here.
ARD and ZDF are both on horizontal polarization, so a problem
with switching polarisation can pretty much be ruled out.

Maybe you should try tuning with the szap utility, just to
check whether it's a VDR or a driver problem.

Klaus