[vdr] Re: migration to 1.2.2

Am Mon, 2003-08-11 um 09.42 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> > I'd prefer
> >
> > ARD:S19.2E-0-11837-28106-0:4
> > ZDF:S19.2E-0-11954-28006-0:2
> > RTL:S19.2E-0-12188-12003-0:8
> >
> > The third value should be the channel number adjustable by OSD.
>
> The channel numbers will be derived by the line number of the
> entries (otherwise there might be duplicate channel numbers).
> There will, of course, also be :@nnn lines allowed to start
> at a given offset.

So we'll still have all the draw-backs of the line-ordered sorting and
inserting channels will change numbers.

I vote for the additional field. If a channel is entered, it just gets
the next free channel-number. If the user assigns a channel-number which
is already in use, VDR asks him wether to insert the channel and move
all following one up or move the origin channel to the next free.

If you source channel-number/uid assignment out into a separate file,
you could even have different channel-number setups for different users
without touching channels.conf.

--
Rene Bartsch
Faculties MNI