[vdr] Re: VDR's OSD via xine

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:08:23 +0200
Guido Fiala <gfiala@s.netic.de> wrote:

> That things are not kvdr's fault but the OSD chips, just BTW ;-)
> the blurry letters of kvdr result of the filtering/upscaling process
> and  can't be avoided that way, it would be more appropriate to "draw"
> the osd on the final surface (aka the already upscaled video-frame)
> than draw the OSD on the video and upscale later...
Ok, I was already suspecting that this isn't kvdr's fault since I also experienced this with tuxview...

If I understand this right the plugin scales the image as needed and then draws the OSD by itself?

Am I right that in general watching TV just on a monitor with the plugin instead of using /dev/video would be the better solution regarding quality?

Regards
Thomas