[vdr] Re: Keyboard-input in script executed withcommands.conf

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:38:01 +0200
 "S. Ullrich" <vdr_ul@igt-gmbh.de> wrote:
>Ralf Klueber wrote:
>
>>>OK, thanks for the quick response, i just thought i
>could do it "the easy way" ;-)
>>

>>I think there is at least a small chance to do something
>in that way. I
>>remember some sort of channel list switching (parents,
>kids) with some
>>sort of PIN.
>>
>>Think of some commands which write a short string (fe.
>numbers) into a
>>file. Think of a shell script which write digits from 1
>to 6 in a small
>>file and one shell script to delete the file. This 7
>scripts are named
>>in commands.conf and a eights shell script reads the
>input from the
>>small file and is doing something dependend on the data
>within the file
>>some actions.
>>

>>Got it? Ist not my idea, but I thought it is worth to be
>mentioned.
>>
>>BR
>>

>Thanks for the hint..
>My intention was to enter a dir-name for a script that
>"rip" a
>music-cd-->mp3 to that directory. So your solution would
>not work
>for me.
>As far as i know there is no plugin by now that this could
>do(?)
>
>Siggi
That shouldn't be a big effort. Write a little plugin that
ask's the user for a string and then call the command with
that string as parameter.
It isn't very difficult to create a menu (dialog) with an
edit-field and one hotkey to start a command.

Gerhard