[vdr] Re: Keyboard-input in script executed with commands.conf

Gerhard Steiner wrote:

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:38:01 +0200
 "S. Ullrich" <vdr_ul@igt-gmbh.de> wrote:

Ralf Klueber wrote:

OK, thanks for the quick response, i just thought i
could do it "the easy way" ;-)

I think there is at least a small chance to do something
in that way. I

remember some sort of channel list switching (parents,
kids) with some

sort of PIN.
Think of some commands which write a short string (fe.
numbers) into a

file. Think of a shell script which write digits from 1
to 6 in a small

file and one shell script to delete the file. This 7
scripts are named

in commands.conf and a eights shell script reads the
input from the

small file and is doing something dependend on the data
within the file

some actions.

Got it? Ist not my idea, but I thought it is worth to be
mentioned.

BR

Thanks for the hint..
My intention was to enter a dir-name for a script that
"rip" a
music-cd-->mp3 to that directory. So your solution would
not work
for me.
As far as i know there is no plugin by now that this could
do(?)

Siggi
That shouldn't be a big effort. Write a little plugin that
ask's the user for a string and then call the command with
that string as parameter.
It isn't very difficult to create a menu (dialog) with an
edit-field and one hotkey to start a command.

Gerhard
Das ist ein Service von austria.com

I guess that is the way to "solve that problem" ;-)
I wanted to look in that plugin-stuff for a while,
now i have a good reason ;-)

Siggi