[vdr] Re: Problems with DVB

Dennis schwerdel wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 14. August 2003 22:25 schrieb Juri Haberland:
>
>> I want you to connect your TV set with a cinch cable to the Video-Out of
>> your DVB card. Directly. Without any other stuff like graphic cards
>> inbetween. Just a single cable from the DVB to the TV. That simple.
>
> Yes this is the actual state.
> My TV got 3 SCART-IN.
> First is connected to the DVB-OUT
> Second is connectec to the graphic cards-out
>
>> Then start Windows and the Technotrend application (or whatever program
>> you use within Windows). Now my question: Do you get a picture on TV?
>
> No I get no Picture.
> IMHO this tool just shows the video on the desktop.
> I dont have any tool to show the video via DVB but Im searching for.

Actually, the programm that you are currently watching with the
Technotrend application should appear on the TV. If it doesn't, either
your Cinch-to-SCART adapter is wrong, your cable is defect, or you
wrecked the TV-out of the DVB card, which is very sensitive. This happend
 to a lot of people including me :(

Did you try to get some sound out of the audio-out? If this delivers
sound in Windows, but you get no picture, your card is most certainly
defect. If you still have warranty on it, try get a new one from your vendor.

Cheers,
Juri