[vdr] Re: Anounce: double episode killer :-)

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 03:56:11PM +0100, Onno wrote:
> Hi list,
> based on the thread "vdradmin: how to discard some movie?" and
> my need to avoid double recordings caused by vdradmin,i wrote
> a tiny bash script to check vdr or divx folders against the
> vdr timers. Those recordings are then deactivated.
>
> the only real portability problem may be the fact that
> my divx recordings are in folders similar to the vdr
> folder tree, thus the leaves end folder name is like 2003-XY-ZY.
>
> If this does not fit your needs and you don't wont to edit
> the script, please feel free to reply, i will take care
> of that tomorrow.

This was one of the first features in Master-timer.

In 2,5 years i have record around 3000 (2,5 * 365 / 3000 = 3.29 per day)
series and movies. Currently more "done"-file has 2927 entries, but i
deleted around 1000 entries a few days ago. Because of declining DVD-R
prices i have decided to lower the bar for archiving.

That Master-Timer deletes programmed double timers(*), and won't program
them ever again is an other story. :-)

A funny side-effect of this feature is that i don't delete my
"torecord"-entries. Once upan a time, as i tested a new feature, i made
the error to move away my done-list and "eh voila" i had 250 programmed
timers.

*: The run after they got "done".

Bis denn