[vdr] Re: timeshift stops

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> Start a record
>
> let it run some minutes
>
> start viewing the recording
>
> fast wind forward until replay is only 3sec behind(less seems not
> to be possible).
>
> watch 10..20sec
>
> suddenly the play stops and a back screen is shown as if
> the end of a recording was reached.
>
> That can be reproduced.

The replaying process need to stay off the end of the recording
a little bit, because otherwise it might get into a situation where
there is no data to replay any more (because the recording process
doesn't have it yet) and thus it behaves as it the recording was
at its end.

I was able to reproduce this here and changed the line

#define INDEXSAFETYLIMIT 100 // frames

in VDR/recording.c to

#define INDEXSAFETYLIMIT 150 // frames

After this the problem didn't occur any more.

Please try it and let me know if it helps you, too.

Klaus