[vdr] Re: lirc + via M10000 (with

Am Freitag, 15. August 2003 18:02 schrieb Timo Helkiö:

> I did yesterday manage to get lirc serial working with Mandrake 9.1 and
> 2.4.21 kernel and basic lirc-0.6.6 (not with that one coming with
> Mandrake) this way:

Well I have lirc_serial here running on Mandrake 9.1 flawlessly

> 1. Install lirc normally and make install, too
>
> 2. setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
>
> 3. remove /dev/lirc and mkdir /dev/lirc
>
> 4. mknod /dev/lirc/serial -c 61 0
>
> 5. modrobe lirc_serial -d /dev/lirc/serial
>
> 6. lircd -d /dev/lirc/serial
>
> 7. change in VDR vdr.c line
>
>           new cLircRemote("/dev/lircd");

>           new cLircRemote("/tmp/.lircd");
>
> 8. compile VDR with REMOTE=LIRC

You can use the normal package, you have to install setserial, your ...

> 9. my /etc/sysconfig/lirc includes:

... is Ok.

>      # The hardware driver to use, run lircd --driver=? for a list
>
> DRIVER=default
>
> # Hardware driver module to load
> HWMOD=lirc_serial
>
> # The device node that communicates with the IR device.
>
> # with devfs enabled
> #DEVICE=/dev/lirc/0
> DEVICE=/dev/lirc/serial
>
> # without devfs
> #DEVICE=/dev/lirc
>
> # Serial port for the receiver (for serial driver)
> # COM1 (/dev/ttyS0)
> COM_PORT=/dev/ttyS0
> DRIVER_OPTS="irq=4 io=0x3f8"

The only thing that is sometimes missing is the link from /tmp/.lircd to
/dev/lircd, but that you can du by hand.

If I have missed important parts of the discussion , I apologize ..

Steffen