[vdr] Playing timer-started recordings while recording

Hi,
when I want to play a recording that was started by a timer, let´s say half
an hour ago, the directory of recordings does not show all entries. After a
quick restart VDR shoes all recordings again AND the running recording. Now
I can play this recording while recording, just like time shifting. The idea
is to start the recording of a movie and start looking at it after 30 min or
so, just to skip the comercials. I know this can be done with the time shift
function but with the timer it could be startet automatically. Maybe VDR
only needs to "refresh" the directory of recordings?
Cheers,
Harry