[vdr] Re: EPG & debug_osd?

Guido Fiala wrote:

> On Sunday 17 August 2003 12:47, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Guido Fiala wrote:
> > > Have tried to use the analogtv-plugin + vdr 1.2.1 without an dvb-card.
> > >
> > > To be able to view the OSD i build it with DEBUG_OSD=1.
> > >
> > > All does work fine - beside that the EPG-data (as read from epg.data and
> > > previously inserted via nxtvepg) are not shown.
> > > Also is it impossible to read nxtvepg data in in that mode.
> > >
> > > It failes with:
> > >
> > > "Error in cSchedules::Read()" and nothing else in syslog (l=3)
> >
> > There is no such error message in VDR 1.2.1.
>
> Ok, i reaclled wrong, it's:
>
> "cSchedules::Read() failed, please check /var/log/messages for more details"
>
> but that's not important, as that message is generated by analogtv during
> trying to feed vdr the epg.data
>
> The failure is'nt in analogtv, because the same code (and even with the same
> data out of the nxtvepg-database on my disk) works just fine with having a
> dvb-card as primary device - using the same binaries, that is, just not
> So assume something works different in vdr if there is no dvb-card used.
>
> I wonder if i'am the only one having tested this so far or the only one
> having this problem?
>
> (This topic becomes more important if one likes to use analogtv + the
> proposed xine-plugin + nxtvepg in case someone has no access to digital
> signals/equipment.)

The problem may be that only the cDvbDevice creates a cSIProcessor,
and the first cSIProcessor created sets up the "schedules" list (see eit.c).
So if there is no cDvbDevice, this may not work.

In version 1.3 the whole section stuff (and with it the EPG handling)
will be changed, and there I'll make it so that it doesn't take any cDvbDevice
at all.

For the moment you could try to do

  cSIProcessor sip = new cSIProcessor("dummy");

somewhere in the analogtv plugin to create a dummy cSIProcessor.
I haven't tested this, though, and don't know if it will work
at all. It's just an idea...

Klaus