[vdr] Re: In what circumstances is epg.data saved to disk?

Ralf Klueber wrote:

> Helo guys,
>
> as you perhaps already know I have some trouble with master-timer and
> VDR1.2.2. I managed to get it all running when using the UseLSTE = 0
> setting in mastertimer. This means that the epg is not read via svdr.
> Ist read directly from epg.data on the disk.
> There is the need for a link within .master-timer to epg.data.
>
> #cd ~/.master-timer
> #ln -s /video/epg.data .
>
> That was a usefull hint from the developer. I havent found it n the doc.
>
> No I have the problem that after a scan forced by channel-scan vdr knows
> whats going on next on every channel. But he doesnt write it directly to
> the disc. Even waiting a few minutes in the epg within the osd I can see
> the new infos. But a grep on epg.data doesnt find anything new.
>
> So when writes vdr the data to disc? Can that be forced from outside?
>
> If not, than take this as a serious feature request fro svdr. Some new
> commands like SAVE (Save EPG) , SAVC (Save Channels.conf), SAVT (save
> timers.conf) would be nice.

channels.conf and timers.conf are saved every time one of their entries
is changed, so there's no need for such commands.

The epg.data file is written every ten minutes, because it is used
only as a means of being able to restore the bulk of the previously
gathered information after a restart of VDR. If you want to have the
most recent EPG data, the SVDRP command LSTE is the way to go. That's
what this command has been implemented for.

Klaus