[vdr] In what circumstances is epg.data saved to disk?

Helo guys,

as you perhaps already know I have some trouble with master-timer and
VDR1.2.2. I managed to get it all running when using the UseLSTE = 0
setting in mastertimer. This means that the epg is not read via svdr.
Ist read directly from epg.data on the disk.
There is the need for a link within .master-timer to epg.data.

#cd ~/.master-timer
#ln -s /video/epg.data .

That was a usefull hint from the developer. I havent found it n the doc.

No I have the problem that after a scan forced by channel-scan vdr knows
whats going on next on every channel. But he doesnt write it directly to
the disc. Even waiting a few minutes in the epg within the osd I can see
the new infos. But a grep on epg.data doesnt find anything new.

So when writes vdr the data to disc? Can that be forced from outside?

If not, than take this as a serious feature request fro svdr. Some new
commands like SAVE (Save EPG) , SAVC (Save Channels.conf), SAVT (save
timers.conf) would be nice.

Has anyone running master timer with vdr1.2.2 with UseLSTE = 1 setting
and reads directly from VDR. This would be my prefered solution and
would also solve my problem.

KR
--
Ralf.Klueber@Vodafone.com