[vdr] Re: Playing DVD ?

Tilo Renkl wrote:

> Is really nobody interested in playing DVD's ??
> Or is everybody satisfied with current DVD-Plugin ?

I did watch a few DVDs recently, using the DVD plugin.
Since I did only very limited menu access and no FFwd or
FRew, just playing the movie and the special features
worked acceptably.

The problem I had with NTSC material in letterbox format was
with the DVD menus being displayed with wrong offsets, but that
had to be fixed in VDR itself (and works fine as of version 1.2.3).

The major problems I see are the sometimes incorrectly displayed
still pictures for menus, and the complete dropout during FFwd/FRew.
Sure I'd appreciate if somebody would fix this, but that means
somebody would have to have time and knowledge to do it...

Klaus