[vdr] Re: no more sound when switching channel from AC3 to PCM

Hallo,

> I am not enough "technical" to understand why my amplifier
> => stays mute after a first switch from AC3 to PCM channel.
> => return sound after a second swith from PCM to PCM channel.
>
> But it seems that the amplifier must receive "two inits" to accept
> remaining
> from AC3 mode to PCM mode.
> Then, do you think that a workaround like below could be possible ?
> *only* if a switch from AC3 channel to PCM channel is detected, then
> vdr will simulate two switches to PCM, to be sure that the amplifier won't
> hang.
>
> Sorry if I am wrong ;-)  it's only an idea ...

sorry for breaking the thread, but there is no other way that I can reply to
this.

You probably use the AC3overDVB patch, right ?

This (AFAIK) is the "Normal" way this behaves at the moment.
Somene told me that it is a DVB Driver problem.

Thats the reason why I am using the bitstreamout plugin.

If you can read german then try www.vdrportal.de and look in the Howto
section. There is an quite informing post about bitstreamout (and
AC3overDVB).

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen