[vdr] Re: Playing DVD ?

>> For now it would really be nice if any coder could just manage
>> that the *basic* funktions of DVD-Playback work.

> Well, what _are_ the _basic_ functions?

For me - the basic Functions are that "ALL" DVDīs play smooth !
Thatīs the BIG ONE BASIC Function.

Here i have over 50 Self-Made DVDīs

	-plays fine with all tested Hardware-Players
	-plays narly fine with a older Version of DVD-Plugin
	-donīt play with the newer DVDPluginīs
	-limited FF FR

Here i also have 10 buyed DVDs.

	-plays fine with all tested Hardware-Players
	-5 play fine with all DVD Plugins
	-5 have sound errors and picture Jumps

I donīt realy need a nice Menu or other "games" i just want to watch
the DVD nothing else - and - yes - i want to jump within the DVD
else i go back to my old VCR there i can press "stop" and "FF" :-)

please donīt understand me wrong - iīm not a Programmer and i donīt want
to push the Programmer - but i read here many about "nice menus" or other
things with are not realy important (so i think).

A other thing: often i hear "the Error is the DVD because itīs structure is not
DVD Conform" - i canīt understand this because most of other Player (also Software-Player
for WIN) play this DVDīs correct and iīm sure they will not ask a VDR user to produce
a "konform" DVD  :-)

As i sayed in a older Posting - i gave the Plugin up because i hate the Roulet-Game when
i rent a movie from the "Videothek" and i donīt know if i can watch it correct with
VDR/DVD Plugin