[vdr] Re: Exit state handling in runvdr

  Hi all and Klaus,

  In my opinion, the exit line in runvdr is fine for testing, maybe saves
you from typing 'killall vdr runvdr' sometimes, but is there really any
reason not to make the loop infinite on production?  I do this.  If you
are away from the machine, for example 2 weeks on holiday, what else can
be done in any error situation that retry infinitely?  Maybe reboot the
whole machine if the loop iterates fast for say an hour?  It is a
computer, it does not get bored of repetitive tasks..

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com