[vdr] Re: @ Reinhard Nissl: vdr-xine supporting plugins?

Hi,

Rene Bartsch wrote:

I just want to ask if the xine-plugin for VDR will be able to load the
standard Xine-plugins like DVD, VCD, ...
Well, not in the first release.

May basic idea was, to provide a plugin for VDR that uses xine-lib for displaying MPEG stream and OSD. At the moment, I'm working on the part of getting the MPEG stream to play. For now, I'm using a filesystem fifo to pass the data to xine-lib via a slightly modified fifo input plugin, which is supplied with xine-lib

But I'm still bothered by the issue of using xine-lib or the xine appliation. As I had to write a input plugin for xine, I could also add the OSD stuff to it. Then, any xine-lib frontend could be used to display the output of VDR (maybe you recall the discussion a few weeks ago).

As I installed my new dish today, I really hope to make more progess on the plugin in the next few days. But for any reason, I didn't get my Hauppage Nova-S working when running Linux :-(

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de