[vdr] Re: DVB-S SP/DIF and Asus S/PDIF Board

Hello Martin,

Martin Elsner wrote:

Hi!

In the archieve of this mailing list I found an email telling the
optional S/PDIF Board sold by Asus for their mainboards could be used
for the J2 on the DVB-S.

I'm using the Asus S/PDIF-out-module:
http://www.asuscom.de/products/mb/images/accessories/SPDIF%20out%20v1_00.gif
This should be the one you already have.
The module is used together with ASUS P4PE motherboard for example. The manual shows the pinout of the connector on page 1-18 (page 28 of the PDF file): ftp://www.asus.it/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4pe-x/e1303_p4pe-x.pdf

ASUS module: pin1 pin2 pin3 pin4 +5V spare SPDIF-out Gnd
J2 ov DVB: pin2 pin4 pin10

Have a look at:
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/portal_vdrinfo.php?site=7&infonr=4&infoln=de
for the pinout of your DVB card's connectors.

This solution works fine for me. I'm currently using the AC3overDVB patch. My DD/DTS receiver is connected to the modules optical ouitput directly.
But be aware to use the optical output only. The coax output is powerd by max. +5V instead of +0.5V, which your receiver may expect.

I know that there are many different Boards sold by Asus, I got one here
with one koax out and one optical out (it is left over by a pc a sold).
My motherboard would need Digital In and Out on my Connector. So I am
not shure if the one I got is the right one. The link to a picture in
original posting is not working anymore...

What for do you want to connect it to your motherboard? Are you to use the bitsream plugin together with a soundcard?

Anybody knows something about it???

Which Pins do I have to use of the J2? I got 3 wires coming from the
Asus thingy, red, black and brown, with brown I think being power
supply.

And finaly... Do I need to change any settings in VDR to activate the
S/PDIF out??? :-)

Thanks
Martin

Best regards