[vdr] Re: Generic input device / event support for VDR?

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 19:04, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> Am Freitag, 29. August 2003 15:21 schrieben Sie:
> > Jon Burgess wrote:
> > > Has anyone tried to add support for the generic input device /
> > > event interface to control VDR? This page for details of the input
> > > driver support http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net/input/input.html
> >
> > Just wondering: isn't there already a plugin that does this?
> > If not, you might want to implement this in the form of a VDR plugin,
> > not a patch.
>
> Yep remote can do that allready, and works with haupage ir receiver.

Yes, it works with all full-featured cards. You can use the
Hauppauge IR-receiver or any other receiver connected to J2.

Should also work with other /dev/input/event devices (not tested,
as I don't own such bastards).

> What I don't understand is how the lirc part of that plugin is supposed
> to work. (doesn't work here)

This piece of code was for the lirc interface of the old 0.9.4 driver.
When I created the plugin, vdr (iirc 1.1.13) could use both old and
new drivers. I think I'll drop this stuff in the next release.
Probably I was the only one who used it, anyway. ;-)

Oliver