[vdr] Re: Generic input device / event support for VDR?

Am Freitag, 29. August 2003 16:14 schrieben Sie:
> On Wednesday 27 August 2003 19:04, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > >
> > > Just wondering: isn't there already a plugin that does this?
> > > If not, you might want to implement this in the form of a VDR
> > > plugin, not a patch.
> >
> > Yep remote can do that allready, and works with haupage ir
> > receiver.
>
> Yes, it works with all full-featured cards. You can use the
> Hauppauge IR-receiver or any other receiver connected to J2.
>
> Should also work with other /dev/input/event devices (not tested,
> as I don't own such bastards).
>
> > What I don't understand is how the lirc part of that plugin is
> > supposed to work. (doesn't work here)
>
> This piece of code was for the lirc interface of the old 0.9.4
> driver. When I created the plugin, vdr (iirc 1.1.13) could use both
> old and new drivers. I think I'll drop this stuff in the next
> release. Probably I was the only one who used it, anyway. ;-)

In its current way i agree to drop that. Could it be updated to the
lircd interface vdr uses ? This way vdr could be compiled with NOKBD
and without REMOTE=LIRC, and the wished input method could be choosen
by your plugin.

Greets

Steffen