[vdr] Re: Generic input device / event support for VDR?

Am Freitag, 29. August 2003 20:26 schrieben Sie:
> On Wednesday 27 August 2003 19:59, Steffen Barszus wrote:

> > > This piece of code was for the lirc interface of the old 0.9.4
> > > driver. When I created the plugin, vdr (iirc 1.1.13) could use
> > > both old and new drivers. I think I'll drop this stuff in the
> > > next release. Probably I was the only one who used it, anyway.
> > > ;-)
> >
> > In its current way i agree to drop that. Could it be updated to the
> > lircd interface vdr uses ? This way vdr could be compiled with
> > NOKBD and without REMOTE=LIRC, and the wished input method could be
> > choosen by your plugin.
>
> The code from lirc.[ch] could be easily incorporated.
> But why should a plugin duplicate code of the vdr core?
> This would only make sense if Klaus wants to remove this feature from
> core vdr...

Nope. I think about how vdr could be saned packaged and well integrated
in a normal distro. This means as less compiling as possible. With
REMOTE=LIRC you will 'get everytime an error on startup. With no input
method compiled in and using the plugin to have it configurable , it
sounds to me to be a very nice solution.

> Oliver
>
> BTW, check your system date and time. You're living in the past :-)

I'm from Mecklenburg, we are allways a bit behind here ;)
  I currently switch very often between mandrake developer version and
stable and i had some problems on Cooker (the developer version) there
i tried suspend to disk. Funny enough suspend to disk even saved the
time i had it last time running. Should be Ok now i guess.

Steffen