[vdr] Re: Viaccess red CAM, 3.5" CI with Hauppauge Nexus-S rev2.1

Bud Millwood wrote:

> I have a Hauppauge Nexus-S rev2.1 PCI card, 3.5" CI and a viaccess red cam.
>
> What's the status of the 3.5" CI with vdr, and what's the status of the
> viaccess red CAM?
>
> I can get encrypted channels with this setup, but after changing channels a
> few times, the screen goes blank, and I can't get anything from any channel
> unless I restart vdr.
>
> I have been digging around in vdr, and modified ci.c, the
> cCiTransportLayer::Process() method where it checks:
>
> if (Tc->Poll() != OK) {
>   ; //XXX continue;
> }
>
> to log a message if it's not 'OK'. Sometimes it's not. What does this
> indicate?
>
> What's the most straightforward way to try to narrow down if this is a CI or
> CAM problem?

Which driver version are you using (especially the firmware version, which
can be seen in the log message when loading the driver)?

Which version of VDR?

Which version of the CiMAX chip is on your CI? 1.0, 2.0 or something else?

Klaus