[vdr] Re: CAM - proposal for reinitializing

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

This sounds like the problem we had long ago with the old
firmware ...
... I don't have this problem
with the LL firmware.

Are you sure you are using the LL firmware?
Unfortunately I'm absolute sure to use the -icam firmware :-)

I had no success with the SKYCRYPT and the ICECRYPT CAM to
get them working with the LL firmware.

With -icam and hw_sections=1 the skycrypt works without
problems as long as I don't start an edit-session.

OK - I can live with the restriction to reinitialize the
CAM. Mostly removing and reinserting the SKYCRYPT is
sufficient (only OSD-Menus have afterwards wrong colour,
i.e. "White" becomes light red and all other colours are
very "weak".

regards
Wolfgang