[vdr] Re: kvdr-0.61

Am Sonntag, 31. August 2003 08:05 schrieb Guido Fiala:
> > - without -a the mastermixer gets Vol = 0 on startup of kvdr.
> > - On startup without any option :
>
> Really 0 or what is stored in kvdrrc ???

Nothing related.

[CONFIG__general_config]
ShowHelp=0
lp_x=0
lp_y=0

> > "kvdr and v4l-conf disagree about the framebuffer geometry
> > overlay will not be shown"
>
> Is v4l-conf installed and works as user for you?

No and yes installing it solves the problem. Couldn't kvdr rely on its
own checks if v4l-conf isn't installed ? I will add a require on
xawtv-common to solve this

> If you can - would you please check which part of the safety-code
> produces that output?

See above, i hadn't v4l-conf installed

> I do check several parameters which indicate that v4l might not be
> set up correctly - aka framebufferadresse, bytes_per_line etc. -
> normally v4l-conf should give the same values as me, although there
> seem some
> X-Servers/graphics-cars where this goes wrong, usually giving the
> color-depth by hand solves that problem
>
> kvdr -b 24 #is the most common in that cases...
>
> > , using xv (-x) solves this problem. Will kvdr switch back to
> > overlay in case xv is not available ?
>
> No, as it does'nt actually "solve" the problem, just avoids it. But
> i'am sure it's nothing difficult to get it working - especially if
> xawtv is working for you?

xawtv isn't installed at all

Greets

Steffen