[vdr] Re: ERROR: video data stream broken

Tobias Faust wrote:

> hi
>
> > Does this only happen when the machine was booted through
> nvram-wakup?
> > What if you boot with nvram-wakup, then wait, say, a minute, and
> then
> > start a recording?
>
> No, it happens sometimes during a Live-View Session also if a record
> will be started. Then itīs terrible for live-viewing. ;)
> Booting by nvram-wakeup, the vdr is in Idle modus 2 seconds. Then will
> be record the Stream.
>
> I dont know because i will get this error :((((

I assume you mean you don't know _why_ you get this error, right?

Well, apparently there are situations where the driver just doesn't
deliver data when it actually should. This is a driver problem, but
it looks like the pressure just isn't high enough for anybody to
actually fix it. So the only thing VDR can reasonably do is to reload
the driver and hope it will work then...

BTW: please fix your email program - it's breaking threads :-(

Klaus