[vdr] Re: PVR 250 Plugin Request/Help needed

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 11:34, Andre Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I changed the /dev/video2 in sky.c to /dev/video1
> to fit it to my needs. Since my programming knowledge is very limited, i
> do not know how to change the lirc function. Could you help me a bit
> more here?

I'm completely useless with C, and I don't have the plugin code to hand, but
if you're simply looking to remove the remote control support, just comment
out (by putting /*            */ around the code block) everything in the
'lirc send' function except for any 'return' at the end...

If you want to actually make use of LIRC for your cable box, that's a bit over
my head - make sure that you can get it to work via LIRC normally before
tinkering around deeper into other code! :)

> And how does VDR know, when the plugin will be used? I mean, a
> channelentry must have a special sid or something else, so that VDR
> knows, that the sky plugin sends the MPEG2-TS stream.

From memory, I think this is documented in the README that comes with the
plugin - if the frequency listed in the channels.conf is 3-digits, it will
use the 'sky' plugin - the only difference between one 'sky' channel and the
next as far as VDR is concerned is that the 3-digits are the channel number
that will be sent to the LIRC daemon... for actual audio/video, the plugin
will always simply read the TS from /dev/video2

Cheers,
Gavin.