[vdr] Re: (dxr3) picture with white dots on top

Gavin Hamill wrote:
On Friday 03 October 2003 10:13, Joe Schmoe wrote:

Nope - I've got the same problem, but the line doesn't flicker :)
However, the dots only appear on one channel (BBC ONE) when they
broadcast 16:9. My best guess is that the dots are part of the picture
they transmit but shouldn't...

I have the same problem, and I even see it sometimes when using the Sky Digibox and my widescreen TV - so I too vote for a 'broadcast fault' ...
The dots can be seen on ARD - Das Erste when they air 16:9, too. It might be teletext-info, that is not removed from the analog stream and than encoded as mpeg2. This is not a problem of dxr3 or dvb-cards, but rather of not only encoding the "real" picture. Or am I completly wrong here?
This dots sucks big time...

Frank