[vdr] Re: vdradmin blocks LIRC thread

Hi Peter,

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Peter Evertz wrote:
> When vdradmin scans for autotimers, the thread for SVDR is blocked for about
> 10-20 seconds.
With this huge mass of channels I don't wonder.

> So every 10 minutes the RC is blocked. That is very
> disturbing while zapping around ( and I zap a lot !).
> Is there a solution for that problem ?
No solution, but perhaps a workaround: Increase the time between the scans
from vdradmin. On my own system, vdradmin scans only every hour:
  AT_TIMEOUT = 60
Even longer timeouts, four or eight hours, would last for many people.

Also the EPG is reloaded via SVDRP every 10 minutes by default, which you can
increase e.g. to 30 minutes:
  CACHE_TIMEOUT = 30

Remember that vdradmin will perhaps miss the one or other event because the
time between show-up in EPG and next run of AutoTimer is too long.

Bye,
  _cooper_