[vdr] Re: vdr killed my video archive

> What I can see there are two solution to it
>
> 1) To use SW-RAID0 (concat disk) in Linux. I have used this technic
> before but not for VDR just jet. (I don't have 2 disks jet :) )

> 2) Make VDR knowing about sevral disks (or several directories) where
> VDR can store recording.

Or maybe better, mount your archive directories as read-only :-)

How about some flag into VDR which says don't delete this directory.
Something like "2003-09-22.22:33.50.30.rec.readonly". And from recordings
menu you could change the status of this 'readonly' flag.

I am always scared when I see only 1h free disk space, what if something
important is deleted?

Also one possible idea is to have recording management -screen in VDR
menu to adjust priorities of recordings. Of cource you can do it via
shell but also via menu. If I've understood correctly (didn't check
the source) but when freeing disk space VDR checks priorities also?
If I have

A.rec with 30 days storage with priority 20
B.rec with 30 days storage with priority 10

B.rec will be deleted first? But with this method you still cannot
guarantee that A.rec is left alone unless you can change its priority
to for example 90 and timer records with priority 50 and sees that
this priority is lower, so it cannot delete this 90-priority thing?

Best regards, Jori