[vdr] Re: Two cards, two recordings, bad signal on one = two broken recordings

Am Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2003 04:56 schrieben Sie:

> Perhaps priorities could be used to decide "don't restart to try to fix
> a lower priority recording if a higher priority recording is going
> fine".

The reason VDR restarts is the unreliable DVB-driver. As it used to crash very
often, VDR restarts to reload it. But VDR doesn't know if the driver has
crashed or if there's just no reception. We've discussed this with Klaus very
often, but he didn't want to change the code.

VDR does NOT provide QoS!

> (* I have a long standing problem with my sat feed.  This is a C-Band
> dish and not even my standalone receiver can receive vertical signals.
> On top of that the Nova-S card can only receive horizontal signals if
> the standalone box is powered up AND tuned to a horizontal transponder.
> I have my nova-s connected to the loopback of the standalone box.  The
> problem is if the kids change the channel on the standalone box or the
> standalone box crashes I loose my signal on the nova-s! I think my LNB
> needs replacing)

No, I think you should drop your standalone box to connect the Nova-S
directly. What for do you need the standalone box?

Rene