[vdr] Re: Streaming-Client/Reply-Clinet (Perhaps XBOX or DBOX2)

Hello Rene

> Mmh, that's strange. As decoding is done by the DVB streaming shouldn't be
> problem for a P200. You have either misconfigured your network or it's a
> bug
> in the streaming-plugin.
Donīt think so because Replay of a Movie over the same Network
works very well. But i found somethin out: Itīs a P 160 not 200...

> What network do you use (10Base-T, 100Base-Tx or 1000Base-T)?
> What NICs do you use (PCI, ISA, PCMCIA, CARDBUS)?
Both (server and Client have 100mbit Tx)

Itīs simple a CPU-Problem - with Playback only i have 40-60% CPU Power
With Streaming 80-100% and when i jumps to 100% i have jumps in the
Picture Also the whole VDR getīs realy slow so itīs not realy funny.

I think a faster CPU would be realy great... (in a other configuration
i tryed a 350AMD wich works great with 2 DVB CARDS ...

> As the CAMs have a PCMCIA-interface, does anybody know if the CI-slots of
> the
> DBOX2 are standard PCMCIA-/Cardbus-slots supported by Linux?

> My idea was to put a 802.11g WLan-card into one slot to stream by wireless
> LAN.

Nice idea - would be interesting if it works :-)

CU