[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 05:18:29PM +0200, Helmut Auer wrote:

> @Klaus

Sorry to answer, but you wrote to the whole list...

> I think the AC3 stuff is the main lack of the plain vdr. Many plugins
> are nice to have, but imho a dvb receiver should have AC3 nowadays.
> So do you see a chance to adopt the AC3overDVB stuff to plain VDR ?
> Maybe we should initiate a collection and buy a digital AV-Receiver for
> you :-)

You should first correct the DVB hardware as lots of receivers don't
work with the AC3overDVB, but works perfectly with the bitstreamout
plugin (I own one of those).

Keeping that hardware limitation (for more info just search the ml...) I
think that ac3overDVB is really not a priority, as for example autopid
that will works with the hardware ;-)

	Grégoire