[vdr] Re: Media Detection 0.0.9 - Feature Request

Hallo Sascha,

>> I create DVD's with vdrconvert and before writing the DVD I can link
>> "/dvd" to the ISO Image and play it with the DVD plugin to test if
>> everything is as expected.
>
>Link? Do you mean mount (as loopback)? Doesn't the DVD plugin normally
>access /dev/dvd (the device) directly?

OK, I'll try to specify some more :)
Actually it is not /dvd I was remembering wrong. I am using /dev/dvd and
it is normally a link to /dev/scd0

When I test a DVD I remove /dev/dvd and link it like this :
ln -s /path/to/dvd.iso /dev/dvd

Then I start the DVD plugin and it plays the .iso :)

I don't mind starting the Media Detection Plugin by hand !
I really don't exepect it to look at /dev/dvd all the time to see if it
has changed ;)

>The PlugIn tries to mount each drive you specify on the commandline, by
>passing it's mount point name to mount.sh. The operating system's mount
>command identifies the device name by the corresponding /etc/fstab
>entries.
>So if you want the image to be recognized, I guess you'll have to add an
>appropriate fstab entry :-)

How can I dod that with the above ?

>Maybe I'll find another solution when I understand the above correctly :)

Is it more clear now ?

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen