[vdr] Re: Vdradmin & autotimers running wild

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Tom Pfeifer wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 07:28:38PM +0200, Jan Ekholm wrote:
>>
>> http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/media/dvb/vdradmin3.jpg
>>
>> Two programs, starting at 10:10 and 10:35. So far so good. But running
>> AutoTimers on those two shows (have done that for half a year now), I get
>> this result:
>
>These 2-hour shifts seem to be typical for the summer/wintertime switch,
>which is kind of hardcoded ($isdst) in the vdradmin:
>
>sub my_mktime {
>        my $sec  = 0;
>        my $min = shift;
>        my $hour = shift;
>        my $mday = shift;
>        my $mon  = shift;
>        my $year = shift() - 1900;
>
>        my $isdst = 1;
>        my $time = mktime($sec, $min, $hour, $mday, $mon, $year, 0, 0, $isdst);
>
>As discussed in the thread "[vdr] Re: vdradmin-problem summertime"
>this can be fixed by setting
>my $isdst = 0;

Yeah, I noticed the thread, but didn't think it could cause my problems.
I did the update and will let it run again. It *seems* to have cured the
problems, as a "Force update" on the auto timers doesn't add new duplicate
entries anymore.

Thanks a lot for the tip, it was a bit annoying to delete the timers. :)

--
    There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like
                installing smoke detectors in Hell.