[vdr] Re: Vdradmin & autotimers running wild

Am 27.10.2003 um 21:13 schrieb Tom Pfeifer:

my $isdst = 1;
my $time = mktime($sec, $min, $hour, $mday, $mon, $year, 0, 0, $isdst);

As discussed in the thread "[vdr] Re: vdradmin-problem summertime"
this can be fixed by setting
my $isdst = 0;
Better:

$isdst = -1;

or

$isdst = (localtime(time)[8]);

However, we should ask Thomas Koch why this is hardcoded into the code.
At the time i wrote this i don't know how to find out if its winter or summertime. Neither in the POSIX man page or the C mktime man page the "-1" isdst option is described.

Tom.