[vdr] Re: What CAM for SECA2 (Canal Satellite) ?

One question about this solution:
The "softcam" version uses a modified av7110 firmware that enables the
piggyback of the control words obtained from the smartcard reader into
the av7110. I had a discussion about this with other ppl in a couple of
forums about the problems that could arise using such a modified
firmware.

What I would like to know is whether there are legal issues using such a
firmware even having a legal subscription to a satellite provider
(patents and/or copyright violations).

Mattia