[vdr] Re: DECT-Problems... again... :(

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 10:33:05AM +0000, dennisgrundmann@o2online.de wrote:
> This problem has been discussed again and again, I know... I already changed
> my cable from 75 Ohm to 100 Ohm , no improvement. The DECT-basestation is
> like 2-3 meters away from the vdr, I put it like 7 meters away, no improvement.
> If I turn off the base station, I don't have the problems anymore. I don't
> have any other possibility to place the base station... if there are any
> other hints than putting the base station away or replacing the cable, plz
> let me know... :|

You should not include coax with 100 Ohm impedance within sat equipment.
The reflections will decrease a lot of signal strength.  On the other side:
to hold the signal strength and minimize receiving high frequncy EM smog
you may choose a high quality 75 Ohm cable (have a look onto the specs, as
less the loose, normaly massured in db per meter, at high freqencies as better
the coax cable).  And do not forget, good shieldings means all parts
of the equipment (LNB, connectors, cable, PC case and it leadin/outs).

        Werner